Empathy?
Sometimes, empathising with someone gets so difficult. So tiring. So exhausting. To think in their point of view, to walk in their skin like what Atticus said in "To Kill A Mocking Bird". It's definitely not easy to sympathise with someone you strongly feel against cause of their attitude maybe. But.. the more I try to, the more I feel that I've been taken for granted. Cheated. Cause this one person just gets worse. And at times, it just comes to a point where I just don't know how to walk in her skin and speak up for her. I don't know why I empathise so much. Why I think so much. Tires me out. I'm worn out with all this. There's not a slightest bit of change in her. Feels like all I've done on behalf of her is wasted away. No matter how much you try to be in their situation, how much you try to help them, it just don't work out. Sigh.. this is just so tiring. I've been battling with this for quite long already and now with all the common test stress, I'm just so tired out. At times, I was able to climb over these mountains of thoughts and feeling and put a sincere smile on my face whenever I see her. Yes there will be happiness in our relationship, that's where I feel glad that I had put myself in her shoes and brightened her day. But these don't last long. This vibrant, bubbly friend of mine starts to seclude herself. Like she has withdrawn into her own world. And whatever you say to her, crumbles before it reaches her ear.
Sad
Worried
Tired
Exhausted
Well.. I'll still try my best. Pray for the better. I sure am not going to let our friendship continue like that or end like that when I leave PL. I don't want it to ever end. With the supernatural strength from the Lord my God, I can do anything. I will persevere and know that there is a light somewhere, just that it is covered. So, with Jesus, I'll take away this heavy cover so the light in my lovely friend will shine forever and shine for God.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (=
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment