Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The night of the eve of chinese new year seemed like a dream. (:

I have been watching Kyle xy the past few days. Kyle xy is such an amazing tv series!! I would say I'm really addicted to it, for good reasons though! Lets see.. Aside from the hot hunks and hot scenes(shh.. HAHA) and of course the great amount of tension it causes at many points of the show, what struck me the most was the way the scriptwriter made each character of the family respond to setbacks and how they dealt with it, as a family. It's so amazing, the way the parents respect the teen kids and vice versa and the way they portray their humbleness. The way they communicate.. as if there is completely no barrier and there's absolutely no need to hide anything from the parents even sensitive issues like say.. smoking or underage sex? I'm so awed by the parents response, how they just know their kids so well and even if they were angry, how they just swallowed that anger and spoke with humbleness yet were stern so as to teach them the right thing. To put it simply, love came before everything in this family; before anger, pride, disappointment, jealousy. Just an ordinary family, but made near perfect, with love. Well of course.. I know this is just a show but I wish my own family was like that. Like this is my vision of a family. I hope to see it come true, some day. It will, with God's help, I will believe. =P

Now, about the eve of chinese new year. The whole night seemed like a dream really. All the nights I have been dreaming about the great family I hoped for... It didn't come true just like that of course but, BUT I knew that night, something changed. Not in my family, but in my big family, with my aunts and grandma. My grandma's dimentia issue had resulted in a lot of unpleasent happenings in my family and indirectly hurt me too. But that night, the atmosphere was different. It was the first time in many many years I have finally managed to see all of us, my cousins and I together. Just at that moment I knew something amazing was about to happen. My cousin had a wacky idea to play some fun games we were playing in the room, with the adults. Then, what was a wacky idea became a whole family activity with even my grandma joining us. We laughed and screamed and played till it was 12 midnight! New Year!

Even as I look back and reflect upon that moment we shared, as a big family, finally, together, I still feel as if it was a dream! God gave me not what I asked for but even better. God totally surprised me! The whole family together again! Though we played this particular game so many times I kinda got bored, the bond we all shared made me just want to play again and I wished we could play like that forever. This year is gonna be a great year. I just know it. From this chinese new year onwards, gone are the days our big family had to have double reunions because of the conflict, gone are the days of silent anger between both their families. God is here to stay and he will reign in this family forevermore. (:


Thank you God, you are my everything. (:

No comments: